Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Living the Tropical Life in Minnesota

I have blogged previously about our unusual winter this year.  Well, the weirdness continues! Can anyone say "Pass the margaritas?"  Grab your flip flops, don the shorts...welcome to Minnesota in March!

I can't remember every having a March like this so far.  All weekend it was in the 60's.  Yesterday we had rain so it stayed in the 50's.  But get this: Today and for the next five days at least it will be in the 60's, 70's and even the 80's in some areas of our state!  It is not even mid-March yet!

I am so lovin' this.  If we lived my way, we would live somewhere that it never dipped below 80.  Swimming pools and sun umbrellas would be a daily feature; dining out on decks mandatory.  Anyone who did not comply would be fined.

It is so nice to be able to just go outside.  That simple.  Just go outside.  No scramble for jackets, scarves, mittens.  No putting on heavy shoes or boots. Just step into my birkies and jump out the door.  Oh, wait!  I do have to remember one item.  Sunglasses!

I sure hope that old saying about March does not hold true this year.  Otherwise we are in for trouble at the end...if it goes out like a lion.  Of course, lions live in very warm climates.  Perhaps going out like a lion means something completely different than that saying after all.  Yup.  No coat, no agenda, just stepping out into the sun to stretch out for a long nap.  I like it. Bring on the lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment