Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Taking The Time To Feed Your Soul



I am so excited!  Today is an impromptu painting session at an artist friend of mine's studio and I am going!  Yes, I know I am trying to get Gastien Part 2: From Dream to Destiny published by December 1st.  And, yes, I know there is still a lot of work to be done.

But, I have not painted in over a month!  My soul is crying out for the release...I desperately need to be makin' love to the color!  I already smell the paints, feel the brush in my hand.  That painting that is less than half done shivers in anticipation.  Is this the day that its water finally comes alive?  Will we get closer to the finished stage?  Or will it be forsaken for a new love, a fling with something fresh and young?

Only time will tell.  In about four hours I will be mixing the colors for....who knows?  The only thing I do know if that Gastien was right.  For me, it definitely IS all about the color!

Take the time to feed your soul.  Do what it needs you to do to feel complete. You will find that it energizes you to do the other things in life.  Yeah, I absolutely love writing.  I am fortunate that I have two loves.  The one that feeds my soul, however, is painting.  Gastien and I have that in common.  We need that brush in hand to feel completely whole.

Have you discovered what does that for you?  If so, schedule some time for it now!  If not, schedule some time to think about it.  Find what speaks to you, heals you, makes you feel alive.  Then go for it.  Your soul will thank you for it.

Now, I am off to load things up for the session.  Happy, happy, happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment