Friday, December 23, 2011

Guest Post by 8 Year Old Kaylee-Future Author

I was very excited to hear from a nephews partner that her daughter loves to write and wants to be an author.  Perhaps like most new authors now, she will become an indie author! It is always nice to know that there will be people who love to do what I do.  Kaylee is 8 years old and is a charming little girl.  Please welcome Kaylee Rae Curtis!



Christmas Traditions 
By Kaylee Rae Curtis
Every year for Christmas we set up the tree and we always have a lot of ornaments! My favorite ornament is my princess ornament. She has a fancy dress and ribbon and a bow.
Another thing we do is cookies. We always make Christmas tree cookies. Last year we made about 100. We had so many that we had to throw them away! But they were still good!
Another thing we do is we always go shopping for people who are nice to other people. Once mom got me Pillow Pets. And we always go to parties. Like the one was the Rowland party. THE ROWLANDS ARE SO LOUD!!! We played a dice game and ate a lot of food. And my favorite food was the sloppy joes, rice krispy bars and the fruit punch.
And another thing we do is that we go to our Grammie & Bumpa's house. Grammie and Bumpa are our grandma and grandpa. Every year we go there and we see Santa, and we eat a Christmas dinner, and then we get presents and we play with our toys.
And another thing we do is we always get emails from Santa, he tells us how old we are, he tells us if we are on the nice list or the naughty list. And last but not least, we always open our presents in the morning.
******
Steven Ain't Believin'
By Kaylee Rae Curtis
Once upon a time there was a boy named Steven. He loved to play, but the person he did not like was Santa!
One day he was playing with his friends and his friends asked him, "Do you believe in Santa?"
He said,  "No. Your parents are Santa."
"Do you believe in the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, or anybody?"
He said, "NO!" 
So one day his friends were thinking of a plan for him to think that Santa is real. So they sent a letter to Santa saying...
"Dear Santa,
I know Steven has been a naughty little boy, but can you please come to his house cause he thinks your not real!"
Love, Tommy & Jake
So on Christmas night Steven was thirsty, so he went down tot get a bottle of water and when he came up he....saw Santa!
He pulled his beard - it did not come off.
He said, "I'm going outside." - and he saw Santa's reindeer! 
He said, "You're real, you're real!" 
So Steven gave Santa a big hug and went back to sleep.
***

26 comments:

  1. Thank you Kaylee for your wonderful stories. They have put me in the Christmas spirit for sure. I can vouch that us Rowlands can be a LOUD bunch! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Maybe this summer you can blog about summer vacation, ok?
    -Aunt Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee,
    What a wonderful story! You write very well for being ONLY 8. I hope you keep writing, I believe you have that "special gift" to write a story that others will want to read. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your story kaylee! I just read it to my little boy after breakfast.Big smiles all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay,
    I am so very proud of you! You are an amazing little girl with a huge imagination.....and a love of writing. I am glad that you have Caddy in your life to help your light shine! You have been very blessed!
    Keep writing!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaylee,
    WOW! If this is how good you write at 8, I can't wait to read your novels as an adult! You should be very proud of yourself! Never stop dreaming and reaching for your goals!
    XOXO,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaylee, you did a fantastic job. You are officially a published author! I can't wait to read more of your stories. That silly Steven should have known better.

    Your the best! Love you,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your stories Kaylee. I hope you keep writing as creating stories is a wonderful thing. Best wishes and a very merry Christmas, Stephen Livingston.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kaylee! What terrific friends Steven has. You made him and his friends very real for me, something that only a true author can do!

    I love all the illustrations with the stories too.

    And you know what? Dreams can come true -- sometimes they just take a little time. I wanted my own pony so badly when I was your age! I didn't get one then, but I have FIVE of them now! Don't ever give up on something you want.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with books and ponies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this wonderful and amazing post. Every word of this book was so true.

      Delete
  10. Loved your stories, Kaylee.

    Did you know that J.K. Rowling started writing when she was eight years old.

    Keep on writing and you'll get there.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kaylee - you made me hungry for Sloppy Joes! I think I will have to make some for my kids this Christmas Eve. And I LOVED your story - you are a very talented girl. Keep writing and very soon your dream will come true! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have super fun Christmas activities! I love the story about Santa. I can't believe you are only 8 years old! That story seemed like it was written by a much older writer. I am impressed. I hope you continue to write. You have the talent! Merry Christmas and don;t eat too many Christmas Tree cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful story about Steven! I loved this post and I hope you will write many, many more stories. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kaylee - What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. Keep writing! And save a Rice Crispy bar for me. We writers have to stick together. ;)

    Happy Holidays!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kaylee,

    these are wonderful stories and I hope that you will keep on writing them. Best of luck in all that you will accomplish in your life.

    Phil Chen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your story about Steven, Kaylee. Thank you so much for sharing it and your Christmas traditions with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic stories Kaylee! I loved the one about Santa. Just keep writing and you never know what might come out of it. There are writing contests for kids too. A contest is a great way to practice making deadlines. Plus, they give you topics to try out.

    Scholastic and Highlights are great places to try to find out about contests. Sometimes you can ask your teacher if they know of any. They often get information on writing contests throughout the school year.

    Welcome to the world of being an author. You just never know what you can write unless you keep trying. You can always surprise yourself and others that read it. Just keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your story Kaylee. Thanks for sharing it and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome. Kaylee, keep writing every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post is from a friend that works with me. She does not have an account to post her comment so I am doing it for her.

    The stories are wonderful. I hope to see more and follow along as you grow into a well known and accomplished author.

    Roseanne M. Duran

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment is from one of Caddy's friends. He does not have an account needed to post a comment so I am doing it for him.

    Dear Kaylee,

    I liked your story about Santa and the naughty boy very much. Sometimes we need to help those who don't believe at Christmas time. 8 is the perfect time to begin your writing career.

    Your friend, an Angel named Mike

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kaylee,

    I enjoyed your story of Steven and Santa very much. You're very talented and I'm looking forward to reading many more of your stories.

    It sounds like you and you're family are having a great Christmas. Guess what? I also decorated our Christmas tree tonight.

    So have a very Merry Christmas and keep writing.

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there, Kaylee!

    Your stories are wonderful and you are quite a talented young lady. I LOVE the Santa story! Keep up the good work!
    Have a ton of fun this Christmas and have a great New Year!

    Ralee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kaylee,

    Those are wonderful stories, and I enjoyed them very much.
    Thanks for sharing them.

    Keep writing... and reading. :)

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Kaylee,
    You were given a great opportunity and you did wonderfully! And you caused me to learn a new skill...how to blog :}
    Keep up the good writing.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete