Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wanderlust Movie Should Wander Off, Along With The Grey

Dave and I decided to go to the movie last night.  We had seen previews for Wanderlust and thought it might be funny.  So, off we went.  Tickets were bought, popcorn was bought, and we settled in.

This time the reviews were right. Wanderlust was a disappointment.  Very cliche, very predicable.  On a scale of 1 to 10 we both agreed that it was a 4 at best.  What was Jennifer Anniston thinking when she took this part?  If this is the best Hollywood can do for a comedy then please stop making them!  Sure, we laughed a couple of times.  But, all in all, it was mundane.

This is the second time in about a month we have been disappointed.  Last time we thought we were going to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I went to get the popcorn while Dave stood in line for tickets.  Soon Dave came running up to me, telling me that the movie we wanted to see was no longer playing there.  I had the popcorn, so we decided to see The Grey.  The write-up had sounded quite good.
B-o-r-i-n-g! Liam Neeson, really? This is the best part you could find?  Talk about tedious.  Yeah, yeah, a handful of you survived a plane crash.  Yeah, yeah, wolves are after you.  We know.  Believe me, we know.  And after about 45 minutes we simply do not care.  I wanted to scream "Eat the damn humans already so we can go home!"  I wanted to ask Dave to leave, but figured maybe he wanted to stay so I said nothing.  When we were leaving, Dave said he almost asked me to leave about 45 minutes into it, too.

There was nothing suspenseful or anxiety ridden about The Grey.  It was torture, but only because it was so unexciting.  I could not care about any of the characters for some reason and because of that I really did not care what happened to them.

At least we saw The Descendants in between these two.  That was excellent.  We also saw The Vow which was an okay date movie. Not anything you have to see, but fair.

Thankfully the theatre we go to is only $4.00 per ticket, and they use real butter on their popcorn.  When we see a movie that disappoints us it is nice to know we had not taken out a bank loan to buy the tickets. 

Next time I am bored at a movie I am going to nudge Dave and ask if he wants to go home.  For $4.00 each it just isn't worth the tedium of sitting through yet another Wanderlust or The Grey. I can sleep in my recliner at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment