Friday, March 2, 2012

Barnum & Bailey Were Right

Yes, indeed, Ladies and Gentleman! There is truly a sucker born every minute, just like they insist P. T. Barnum said.  Need evidence?  Check out the plethora of crap sold on television evenings, nights, and weekends. 

From magic pain relief to weight loss while scarfing donuts to twenty year old skin at age 90, they have it all!  Best of all, if you order today you get not 10, not 20, but 50 percent off!  They will even double your order at no charge!  But you MUST act now!

I am embarrassed to admit that I fell for it a few weeks ago.  I ordered a Light Relief system guaranteed to take muscle pain away.  Octogenarians were skipping around jogging, golfing...doing everything they probably never thought of doing when they were 20.

After a 20 minute phone call where you are stuck in a recorded loop of trying to add on more systems, more extras, more everything the product was all mine.  Fabulous.  Except when it came.

It is about six inches long and the same wide.  You need to hold it on the sore area for 15 minutes twice in a row.  For each sore area.  But, you can't run it longer than two fifteen minute sessions without waiting awhile.  Honey, if I was going to hold this thing on every sore muscle I own for 30 minutes a day I would have to get up at dawn and stay up til midnight only doing this.  Even then I might miss a few.

When am I going to learn?  These tv things NEVER work like they promise.  Now I had the hassle of calling them and preparing to ship the item back.  Next I worry about if they will actually credit me the $139.00.  I have tracking on it and am ready to fight if necessary.  Usually, these companies do credit a person back.  I know.  I have been a sucker more than once.

This time I HAVE learned.  No more ordering stuff from tv.  And a word to the wise: Those diamondique earrings?  They "ain't" foolin' nobody, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment