Friday, October 28, 2011

Where Would I Be Without My Friends?

I published my first book last August for Kindle and NOOK; then published it for paperback in September.  If not for my friends (my amis, as Gastien would call them), I probably would not be published.  For sure, I would not have had as many sales.

Friends are amazing.  They will support you, promote you, and listen to your successes and defeats.  They probably sometimes want to stuff a thick towel in your mouth, or block your access to Facebook at times, but they stand by you anyway.

Ten of my friends were beta readers for me.  To my surprise, they have asked to continue.  Bless their hearts!  I must be doing something right (or write?) with my novels because they say they can't wait to beta read the next one.

When my book was live they, along with many other friends, facebooked to their friends, joined my fanpage, promoted me on books sites.  They have bent over backwards, encouraging every step that I take.

I would be nowhere in regard to the publishing world without my friends, and I owe them unending gratitude. Thank you, every single one of you.  Thank you, from the tips of my toes to the top of my storytelling, blonde head.  You are absolutely the best amis a person could ever hope to have.

Speaking of friends, there is another author talking about her friends on another blog that I will be blogging for every few months.  Stop by and say hi to them at : www.thepopculturedivas.com.  They are new friends of mine, and I can't wait to see the results of us helping each other.


The Beatles were right.  I get by with a little (or in my case a LOT) help from my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment